Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hans Rosling on Displaying Statistics

I have embedded video from Ted.com before, including James Howard Kunstler & Barry Swartz. Today I came across another fascinating one, this time from Hans Rosling. Part way through, I was beginning to wonder, could I do this too? By the end of the video, he had explained how. You can learn more about his organization, and the software he developed at www.gapminder.org

Three hours after the video, I had configured some stats on world wide oil production since 1980 to create my own "bubble graphs". After clicking on the link then click on "gadget1" on the bottom left and watch the bubbles move. You can also reconfigure it to represent the data in a variety of ways.

All data used was obtained from the Energy Information Administration.

No comments:

Post a Comment